Thread: HP4100 DTN - Life Cycle

Default HP4100 DTN - Life Cycle

I have a fleet of the HP4100DTN model printers. My question is how many print counts is considered end of life? High or Medium?

Thanks

Default lifecycle

The PM cycle is 200,000 prints. Ihave seen them with as many as 450,000 prints and not missing a lick since they had proper maintenance

Blog Entries

With regular maintenance you could get 500,000 to 1,000,000. You may need to change a feed assembly at some point but these printers are pretty easy to work on.
    Site administrator www.printertechs.com

I have seen many workgroup kind printers go up to 4,000,000 with regular repairs etc.

Most probems are fuser and paper rollers mainly its very rare to have eletrical problems.

Thanks. I know these printers are work-horses but for to determine replacement scheduling it is hard to determine what is the useful life of these printers.

How do most companies determine if they need new printers? Is it an all at once or replace them as needed?

Thanks again for the above responses, they are very helpful.

LaserJet 4100 printers are still modern printers, they have the capacity and paper options that are top notch.

I use the HP 4050N model and its everything that I need for personal use, most people don't need the newer printer models after the 4000, 4050 and 4100 models range from 17 for 4000 and 4050 and 4100 25 ppm.

Printer such as the 4200 and 4300 are 35 and 45 ppm and newer such as the 4350 are up to 50+ ppm and these machines are just for people who need to do large volumes of print jobs so I am telling you all that the 17 and 25 ppm printers are just fine for personal use.

The bottom line is printers dont need upgrades as much as computers do, laser printers with good ppm, memory, paper options such as the 4000, 4050 and 4100 will last up to 5 computer upgrades which is about 5-10 years with regluar maintaince, my mother has a 2200 and 4 Plus has her printers and we just upgraded her computer, usually its best way to dertermine to buy a another laser printer is know what you can't do with your current printer, most laser printers can do most things a user wants to do, most common reason is to upgrade is more capacity and speed, I don't do much color however I do have a color laserjet printer which is a color laserjet 4500 DN which is basicly that I need too, because color isn't used often and they are just as good as the newer models too.
    Last edited by woodss; 03-05-2006 at 03:38 AM.