Thread: Software wont recognz Canon USB

Default Software wont recognz Canon USB

Hey there, been trying everything I could think of so maybe someone can help me...couldn't find anything on here yet that matches my prob.

I recently purchased a new printer which is USB connected. My previous printer was parallel port, which I deleted off the printers menu before starting with installation of my new printer. The new printer works - I tested a print while unconnected with my camera's memory card installed in the printer and it looks great - unfortunately I cannot get the same results with my computer connected to it.

I ran through the usual steps in the manual and while going through the screens on the driver disk it tells you to connect and turn on the printer so it can analzye which port it is connected to. When I did this XP recognized a plug and play device and came up in a separate window asking if I wanted to install drivers.

I clicked no, and cancel to allow the software to find the printer but it is unable to do so. Checked Device Manager and the printer comes up under Other as iP6600, an unknown device. I also tried the XP automatic plug and play - search for driver thing and it said it was unable to find the drivers even when I pointed it toward the installation CD. I also tried disconnecting everything USB that I have had installed thinking it might be some confliction issue with the ports.

I have 6 USB ports, 4 on the Asus P4T533-C motherboard which from what the manual says, 2 are 1.1/2.0 USB and the other two are 1.1 USB. Tried all four and none of them seem to allow the software to recognize that the printer is connected.

Starting to get frustrated and any help would be greatly appreciated...even just some more ideas to try. Thanks in advance!

Chris

Blog Entries

Can you try installing it on another computer? Maybe the USB port in the printer is bad. Try downloading the latest drivers from the manufacturers website.
    Site administrator www.printertechs.com

Default JJprinter

This could also be an IRQ issue see if you install the printer first then all the other hard ware you have, such as scanner, web cam, etc...
    Can you create another usb port? In device manager check as well for conflicts.