Thread: Paper Jam LaserJet 8000

Exclamation Paper Jam LaserJet 8000

Paper jams in the fuser. It starts into the fuser and then stops printing. The fuser is a known good fuser swapped from another 8000 in the same office. The paper is bieng fed from the manual paper feeder, because there are issues with the PIU anyway. It was working fine, and now it jams all the time. I need a place to start, since I know the fuser is not the problem.

You Need A Maintenace Kit Which Would Include 3 Pickup Rollers And 3 Feed Rollers A Tranfer Roller And Probably A Mp Roller And Seperation Pad If You Remove Tray 2 & 3 This Will Expose These Rollers. Should Be Done By A Tech Also If The Jam Is Just After The Fuser Then It Is Your Paper Exit Assembly Would Need To Be Replaced

greetings,

i've had the exact same problem with this printer.. execpt i installed a new fuser.. and now it jams as it enters the fuser... Richard, i can't see how replacing the parts you mentioned would solve the problem as everything else seems fine. The problem is definitely w/the fuser, it jams in the same spot everytime. I was trying to see if there was something i needed to adjust/remove since it was new.. however, i found some online directions and did everything as it stated....

thanks

hey,

try cleaning the the pickup, separation and feed rollers from which tray you feed from. also, clean the piu rollers(need a flashlight) or you need to remove rear, front and right panels. oh, vacuum any paper dust at the registration assembly around the flag(visible by removing toner cartridge).

good luck

i would send one test page and see if it still jams, as if you send more then one the p/u and sep rollers maybe slipping on the 2nd sheet and not getting the the sensor in time. Also you may want to check the sensor brd that the fuser exit flag sets off.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by CohenR
    Paper jams in the fuser. It starts into the fuser and then stops printing. The fuser is a known good fuser swapped from another 8000 in the same office. The paper is bieng fed from the manual paper feeder, because there are issues with the PIU anyway. It was working fine, and now it jams all the time. I need a place to start, since I know the fuser is not the problem.
    I would check the back of the fuser there are two grey levers with a picture of an envelope on them make sure there in the down position. What type of jam is it? Is it an accordian or wrinkled?

You may have a timing problem. Have you looked at the error code?
    Does it fail from the manual feed tray also?

Default Paper Jam

I would recommend you to replace everything: fuser and ALL rollers. the price with shipping is only $300.00

Quote Originally Posted by redcow
    You may have a timing problem. Have you looked at the error code?
    Does it fail from the manual feed tray also?

Yes, it happens from the manual feed tray as well - How do know if its a timing problem?

Quote Originally Posted by HPTECH
    I would check the back of the fuser there are two grey levers with a picture of an envelope on them make sure there in the down position. What type of jam is it? Is it an accordian or wrinkled?

After a closer look, it gets through the fuser ok, but then it gets stuck at the next set of rollers which make the paper travel upwards towards the exit bin on top. There is this latch-type mechanism on the side that adjusts its position, which seems fine (nothing appears broken) The paper actually doesn't get wrinkleed at all, it just stops in its tracks... and the display says "13.5 Paper Jam Open Top Cover"