Thread: HP 4100 series - envelope feeder C8053B - rollers

Default HP 4100 series - envelope feeder C8053B - rollers

I have an HP LaserJet 4100n with duplexer and C8053B envelope feeder.

The envelope feeder will pull the bottom envelope into the feeder an inch or so, but fails to make the final draw of the envelope into the printer.

I've replaced all the printer's rollers. If this is an issue of rollers in the feeder, I read in an old thread here that getting replacement rollers for the C8053B may be a problem, but "refurbished" feeders are being offered. If truly refurbished, new rollers are out there, somewhere.

I removed the bottom of the C8053B to look for anything obvious, even to this layman, and nothing caught my eye. What is the likely fix, and which supplier for C8053B parts is reliable?

Quote Originally Posted by FredH View Post
    I have an HP LaserJet 4100n with duplexer and C8053B envelope feeder.

The envelope feeder will pull the bottom envelope into the feeder an inch or so, but fails to make the final draw of the envelope into the printer.

I've replaced all the printer's rollers. If this is an issue of rollers in the feeder, I read in an old thread here that getting replacement rollers for the C8053B may be a problem, but "refurbished" feeders are being offered. If truly refurbished, new rollers are out there, somewhere.

I removed the bottom of the C8053B to look for anything obvious, even to this layman, and nothing caught my eye. What is the likely fix, and which supplier for C8053B parts is reliable?
    "Refurbished" feeders won't contain new rollers -- they will either be lightly-used feeders that are "cleaned up" or the feeders were rebuilt by harvesting decent parts from other broken feeders. It's not always a wornout roller issue that causes these to fail, sometimes clutches fail, paperweights get broken, plastic panels demolished, guides are bent, etc. A reliable refurbisher will test it thoroughly and will sell one with good life remaining. The "refurbished" ones are getting quite pricey as these become rare, often $200-$300. If you want to send yours in to our Wisconsin workshop for inspection, we (PrinterTechs) can sometimes repair them or do a special build for one at PrinterTechs , 866-352-7108.