Thread: HP 4100 series - Envelopes

Default HP 4100 series - Envelopes

I have an HP Laserjet 4100n with duplexer and envelope tray that I've owned since new, and after moving it from my office to my home office, it just keeps running. It has light use (under 300 pages month average), and was serviced by a local technician a few years ago when rollers and perhaps more were replaced.

I am looking for a brand/model No. of high-quality envelopes that experience shows they do not crease when run through the printer. My 24lb. 25% cotton business correspondence envelopes have been creasing on the "tail end" as they exit the fuser (see below). Maybe I should iron my better envelopes flat before loading them in the printer's envelope tray.

Is there a current equivalent on the market to this 4100n (i.e., a network laser printer with duplexer and envelope tray)?

Name:  IMG_2232.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  73.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by FredH View Post
    I have an HP Laserjet 4100n with duplexer and envelope tray that I've owned since new, and after moving it from my office to my home office, it just keeps running. It has light use (under 300 pages month average), and was serviced by a local technician a few years ago when rollers and perhaps more were replaced.

I am looking for a brand/model No. of high-quality envelopes that experience shows they do not crease when run through the printer. My 24lb. 25% cotton business correspondence envelopes have been creasing on the "tail end" as they exit the fuser (see below). Maybe I should iron my better envelopes flat before loading them in the printer's envelope tray.

Is there a current equivalent on the market to this 4100n (i.e., a network laser printer with duplexer and envelope tray)?

Name:  IMG_2232.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  73.0 KB
    If you don't want to replace the whole system, you could just try a different fuser and see if it works better with your envelopes -- https://www.printertechs.com/shop/hp...it-c8057-69003

Otherwise, as far as a good, newer upgrade for your HP 4000 series printer -- the HP LaserJet P4015dn printer includes a duplexer and can be upgraded with an envelope feeder. Here's a link:
    https://www.printertechs.com/shop/hp...dn-refurbished
    Here's the envelope feeder: https://www.printertechs.com/shop/hp...m601-m602-m603

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FredH View Post
    I am looking for a brand/model No. of high-quality envelopes that experience shows they do not crease when run through the printer.
    I use a Laserjet 4100 with envelope feeder. Some envelopes will crease just by the paper type and envelope design. I use Top Flight, Inc. Number 10 security envelopes with a strip seal. I think they were from Costco. They lay flat and don't crease.
    Site administrator www.printertechs.com