Thread: LaserJet 4050

Default LaserJet 4050 cuts off print on last 25% of page

I've got an LJ 4050 that cuts off print on the last 25% of the document, just leaves it blank. It doesn't do it for all docs, just some. Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Last edited by peterman55; 06-27-2005 at 03:40 PM. Reason: need more info on thumbnail

If you are getting blank pages, or half pages it usually has to do with the scanner.

If the shutter door can't open, then the laser will not hit the OPC drum. The result is a blank page.

Try replacing the toner cartridge. The shutter door on the cartridge may be loose or damaged causing the error. If this doesn't work, replace the laser scanner on the printer. It is located directly under the top panel of the printer.

If neither of these solve your problem, then I'm at a loss for a solution without having the printer on my workbench.

Just a thought, but that was something I would see on some of the old lasers when someone was trying to print a document that was fairly complex and they didnt have enough memory in the laser printer.

I'm not saying that this is the problem.. but It was the first thing that came to mind. When you said that it doesnt do it on all docs. So it could be a lack of memory, or some bad memory installed.