Thread: 9050DN Print Quality Problem

Question 9050DN Print Quality Problem

Hi, we have a HP 9050DN printer and we notice every time we print a job the first page has toner marks on the right side of the page but the rest don’t however if the printer stops on big job as soon as it starting printing again the mark will be on the right side of the page, we tried a new toner and maintenance kit but it still keeps coming back we also did a cleaning page but only worked on one job then as soon has the printer finishers that job we start a new one it’s on the right side again we it any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Any chance you could scan a picture of this? I'm curious what you mean by toner marks.

Generally if the problem is only showing up on the first page we would blame either the toner or the fuser. In your case, most likely 2 failing toner cartridges in a row. If it's the same brand of toner cartridge , I would try switching to an alternate brand.

We carry good-quality toner here at PrinterTechs.

Here's a link to the standard cartridge:
    http://www.printertechs.com/shop/c85...mpatible-toner

or the Jumbo yield (40,000 pages) --
    http://www.printertechs.com/shop/c85...mpatible-toner

Hi, thanks for getting back to me we are using HP OEM C8543XC toner cartridges here is a photo, I circled the marks we just installed a new OEM Maintenance Kit, I was thinking of using my pc vacuum around the fuser transfer roller and also thinking of using rubbing alcohol on all the pickup rollers as well thanks again for all the help
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by breda View Post
    Hi, thanks for getting back to me we are using HP OEM C8543XC toner cartridges here is a photo, I circled the marks we just installed a new OEM Maintenance Kit, I was thinking of using my pc vacuum around the fuser transfer roller and also thinking of using rubbing alcohol on all the pickup rollers as well thanks again for all the help
    I would try a couple halfway tests, where you print a page and then stop the print halfway so the paper is sitting directly underneath the toner cartridge. See if the marks are present at this point, that way you can rule out the new fuser as the issue.

If the marks are there before reaching the fuser, I would look at a faulty toner cartridge (even the OEM sometimes fail), or a dirty transfer roller, or possibly dirty pickup/feed rollers that have a speck of grease or toner (good test would be to try printing from an alternate tray)

Hi, thanks for all the help I will try a new toner and let you know

Take care