Thread: HP 3015dn issues

Default HP 3015dn issues

We are having strange problems with the fusers in the HP3015dn. We get an error that the fuser is too hot as soon as we turn it on, which seems like the thermistor has gone bad. Others give us a Jam in Fuser Area but the paper present flag is working fine. It looks like the sensor is bad, which seems unusual because in the past these sensors did not fail, at least I don't remember a case where it was the sensor. These are low page count units.
    Thanks,
    Al

It seems that if the flag at the output of the fuser is OK then the problem may be a "Brand-X" refilled cartridge. Not all refilled cartridges, just some of them. No idea why! The error is: 13.20.00 Jam at the fuser.
    Al
    Last edited by Big Al; 05-20-2014 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Further Info

There is also a flag in the registration assembly that can trigger a 13.20.00 error, we've seen on some brands of aftermarket toner the plastic shells aren't formed consistently and occasional warps/protusions of the plastic will toggle that flag. BTW PrinterTechs' toners don't do that ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    We are having strange problems with the fusers in the HP3015dn. We get an error that the fuser is too hot as soon as we turn it on, which seems like the thermistor has gone bad. Others give us a Jam in Fuser Area but the paper present flag is working fine. It looks like the sensor is bad, which seems unusual because in the past these sensors did not fail, at least I don't remember a case where it was the sensor. These are low page count units.
    Thanks,
    Al

It seems that if the flag at the output of the fuser is OK then the problem may be a "Brand-X" refilled cartridge. Not all refilled cartridges, just some of them. No idea why! The error is: 13.20.00 Jam at the fuser.
    Al

Thanks Steve! I thought we were lost in the Twilight Zone somewhere!
    Al