Thread: Erroneous 13.1 error on HP 4100

Default Erroneous 13.1 error on HP 4100

Hello,

I have an HP 4100tn that is giving a 13.1 error message with no real frequency,rhyme or reason.
    Since this is a "late paper" error I checked and replaced most of the sensors and I've gone so far as to replace the main board as well as the formatter with no change.
    I can run anywhere from 10 to 300 test pages through it until the error shows up again and once I open and close the trays it goes away until it decides to occur again.

Is there something that I'm missing???

I should add that right before the error message appears there will be a single blank page.
    In case that helps?

http://www.advancedlaser.net/errorcode/error_13.htm
    Last edited by ptjeff1; 06-22-2005 at 12:19 PM.

How are the feed rollers? #1 cause of paper jams.

Quote Originally Posted by redcow
    http://www.advancedlaser.net/errorcode/error_13.htm

Thanks for the link.
    I've gone over all of those and it looks like the next thing to try would be the Main Motor or possibly the Gear Train if anything.
    Last edited by ptjeff1; 06-22-2005 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mattchall
    How are the feed rollers? #1 cause of paper jams.
    Yeah.Those were the first things I replaced long with the sep pad and the rest of the rollers in the printer.

Thanks though.

Blog Entries

Smile

We see this quite often, if the paper path is clear and the maintenance kit parts have been replaced, you usually just need a paper feed assembly. RG5-5086.
    Site administrator www.printertechs.com

Thanks.

After much labor and some head scratching I ended up replacing the Tray2 pick-up guide assembly(RG5-5277) and was finally able to run over 300 sheets through it without any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator X
    Hello,

I have an HP 4100tn that is giving a 13.1 error message with no real frequency,rhyme or reason.
    Since this is a "late paper" error I checked and replaced most of the sensors and I've gone so far as to replace the main board as well as the formatter with no change.
    I can run anywhere from 10 to 300 test pages through it until the error shows up again and once I open and close the trays it goes away until it decides to occur again.

Is there something that I'm missing???

I had the same problem and ended up changing the rollers and un jamming the tray lift. The printer has not had the problem since.