Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hp9050

Default Hp9050

I have no clue why this started happening, I have done lots of research but cant find a solution. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I assume you have already replaced or swapped the toner cartridge. There is a Toner Density setting under Configure Device - Print Quality but it does not look like is the problem. I remember seeing something like this because one of the spring contacts that mates with the toner cartridge was bent. This kept the toner cartridge from getting grounded. On some remanufactured cartridges I have seen corroded copper connection points that caused this as well. Have you done a half page print (stopping the print process when the paper is part way through the print station)? This does not look like a fuser issue. Please let us know what you find.

Al

Default Did that

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    I assume you have already replaced or swapped the toner cartridge. There is a Toner Density setting under Configure Device - Print Quality but it does not look like is the problem. I remember seeing something like this because one of the spring contacts that mates with the toner cartridge was bent. This kept the toner cartridge from getting grounded. On some remanufactured cartridges I have seen corroded copper connection points that caused this as well. Have you done a half page print (stopping the print process when the paper is part way through the print station)? This does not look like a fuser issue. Please let us know what you find.

Al
    Thanks Al for responding and yes I have done all that you said and more. I have a spare 9050 so I also have swapped out boards, high voltage and laser beam thingy on top. I also replaced the springs assembly contacts. Yes I did the half way test to and it starts right at the drum of the cartrige. I havenever seen anything like this and have no clue why replacing all that I have didnt fix it. Thanks again Al for the help.

If you have, and I assume you have, swapped the formatter then the only thing left is the main board underneath the print engine. I'm not familiar with the 9000 series but I assume they are designed by the same people.
    There should be an engine test button on this thing, usually a small hole in the cover on the left side. If that does the same thing then it is not the formatter since this process bypasses the formatter. It may be possible
    to just lift off the print engine without too much hassle and swap the whole thing except the main board. Have you bounced this off the HP people? Maybe Redcow will have some suggestions!
    Al

Default Thanks

If you have, and I assume you have, swapped the formatter then the only thing left is the main board underneath the print engine. I'm not familiar with the 9000 series but I assume they are designed by the same people.
    There should be an engine test button on this thing, usually a small hole in the cover on the left side. If that does the same thing then it is not the formatter since this process bypasses the formatter. It may be possible
    to just lift off the print engine without too much hassle and swap the whole thing except the main board. Have you bounced this off the HP people? Maybe Redcow will have some suggestions!
    Al
    At this point Im going to stare at it in the middle of my office and hope something hits me. Have'nt ran it by HP nor do I want to, and I dont know who Redcow is but would appreciate it if you point me in his direction.

He checks into this forum from time to time. I will send him an Email.
    Al

About the only non-electronic thing left is the transfer roller. I cannot imagine how it could cause this but it might be worth a try.
    I sent Redcow an Email. Maybe he will have an idea. He is on the west coast so it may be a while.
    Al

Default Thanks

About the only non-electronic thing left is the transfer roller. I cannot imagine how it could cause this but it might be worth a try.
    I sent Redcow an Email. Maybe he will have an idea. He is on the west coast so it may be a while.
    Al
    Thanks anything is worth a try.

Go with the xfer roller

Default Will try

Quote Originally Posted by redcow View Post
    Go with the xfer roller
    Thanks you both Al and Redcow for the help. Im assuming by "Xfer roller" you are speaking of the transfer roller? If so, I replaced the whole assembly when this problem first started. Just to be sure, the transfer roller assembly is the thingy that pulls in and out and sits right under the catridge? I wish it was that easy of a fix.
    Last edited by FHINC; 09-24-2013 at 07:16 AM.