Thread: Just recycling an ol' LaserJet Series 1200 PCL: help!

Default Just recycling an ol' LaserJet Series 1200 PCL: help!

Windows XP Home; my long-hardworking HP Deskjet died, so I went by the computer recycle shop and picked up an "interim" monochrome so I can at least get basic docs happening; the shop lists it as "tested / works"; came home, plugged it in (USB), turned it on, went to Printers & Faxes, Add New Printer, and the icon is there with a little checkmark and "ready"; went through the WinXP driver update; but when I send a doc to print, the unit just sits there on my desk looking at me with a blank look ... (or maybe it's the other way 'round ...); went to HP, put in the model ## (C7044A) and came up with some drivers to download; tried that, but they only unzip and have about 15 docs, none of which is an .exe file, so don't know what the purpose of that download is.

Any ideas about how I can get this to print?

Many thanks.

HP tends to drop the older drivers from their database from time to time. Do an Internet search, you should be able to find the drivers.
    Al

Drivers aren't .exe files.

A.exe file is an executable file, you might be thinking of the Auto Install executable that sometimes HP will use to help install a new printer.

There should be a Readme.txt file which would explain how to install it.

Better yet, read our tutorial on drivers here : http://www.printertechs.com/other-in...ivers-tutorial