Thread: HP 3600n Image Color Problems

Default HP 3600n Image Color Problems

So I have been working on this HP CLJ 3600 simplex model and replacing the cartridge locks as the toner was not engaged. I believe I have successfully realigned the MDA while putting the printer back together. However whenever I try to print pictures in color the picture has distorted and blurry with vertical lines. Any one have any ideas or help? I'll go into more detail if anyone has any starting ideas.

try to fix it using this:
    1.)remove the cartridges
    2.) ensure that you completely remove the tape over the copper-colored nozzle plate is completely removed. Always remove this tape (completely) when installing the cartridges. reason why there are missing dots on prints,could be due to this.. some tape remains on the cartridge, remove it and the missing dots issue should be resolved.

If the cartridge is free of tape, follow the steps on this link http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...odTypeId=18972 inkjetsuperstore pg-210xl
    Last edited by jhnharvy773; 07-27-2012 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by turntechGodhead View Post
    So I have been working on this HP CLJ 3600 simplex model and replacing the cartridge locks as the toner was not engaged. I believe I have successfully realigned the MDA while putting the printer back together. However whenever I try to print pictures in color the picture has distorted and blurry with vertical lines. Any one have any ideas or help? I'll go into more detail if anyone has any starting ideas.
    I would first try several Full Calibrations, right in a row. Could be the printer just needs a good calibration.

If that doesn't resolve the blur, sometimes a bad toner cartridge can make the calibration fail, see if it looks like most of the colors are in their correct position, and one certain color is off causing the blur; if that is the case, swap that color cartridge. There is a Diagnostics mode on this model where you can Disable Cartridge Check, and remove cartridges to see if print quality improves. This may not help until you have a decent calibration in place.

Finally, a failing transfer belt can also jinx the calibration process. If you have a spare transfer belt around from another machine, swap that in.

Default Thank you

The advice given here was very helpful. I figured out that it was a lever that I had to move in an upwards position to get the cartridges to fit correctly. Replacing them also helped a ton.

The print nozzle clogged,this usually happens when your printer has been inactive for some time. You would need to clean your print heads and make sure that it is totally clean.If you haven’t used your printer in a while, this can cause the ink in the printer cartridges to build up around the nozzles where the toner feeds into the printer clogged.