Thread: HP Laserjet 4100 problem - goes crazy

Default HP Laserjet 4100 problem - goes crazy

Hello everyone , I have a problem with a HP Laserjet4100. For example, if I have a document of 10 pages and I want this print out, then comes after the fourth sheet a white sheet and then , there is no further printing. Altough the printer continues to "work" , the motors keep running but no more sheets are taken from the cassette. The display only shows that the printer is busy printing. I can leave the printer for hours like that , it keeps "working" without any error messages. Cartridge and paper-wheels have been replaced. And I also tried printing from another PC and it stays the same.To stop the printer , I just open the upper door and then , the printer stops. When I close the upper door again , it will continue printing for some pages and then , I get again a white sheet and so on ....
    Can someone help me?

I would try printing the same job from the MultiPurpose tray on the front ...

If the job prints OK from the MultiPurpose tray, then it sounds like you have a a problem with the paper pickup assembly that drives pickup from the main tray (tray 2)... there is a solenoid that can commonly fail in those , and considering the age of the machine it's pretty common for a solenoid to need to be repaired / replaced.

If you're into self-repair, we sell the replacement solenoids at PrinterTechs -- 866-352-7108. You could also send the printer in for repair.

Sounds like you have an interesting problem here. Try doing the print test from the Diagnostics menu. If that works OK then it will point you to the Formatter or the NIC.
    Try reseating the memory DIMM on the formatter, if that does not help try reseating the NIC. I like to reseat something three times to hopefully wipe off any corrosion
    on the contacts. If you have an embedded NIC (Sorry, not familiar with the 4100) try disabling it from the front panel and installing a NIC. You could also try printing
    directly with a Centronix cable. Please let us know your progress and the solution.

Al

Quote Originally Posted by cs_steve View Post
    I would try printing the same job from the MultiPurpose tray on the front ...

If the job prints OK from the MultiPurpose tray, then it sounds like you have a a problem with the paper pickup assembly that drives pickup from the main tray (tray 2)... there is a solenoid that can commonly fail in those , and considering the age of the machine it's pretty common for a solenoid to need to be repaired / replaced.

If you're into self-repair, we sell the replacement solenoids at PrinterTechs -- 866-352-7108. You could also send the printer in for repair.

This is probably the issue. Printing from the manual feed will verify that if it works fine.

Default Crazy?

May be temperature problem. I would try swapping the fuser to see if that corrects the problem