Thread: Epson CX11NF color defects

Default Epson CX11NF color defects

Hi,

I have an Epson CX11NF, love my printer. But there's been a problem for a couple years I haven't addressed and don't know how. I've attached a photo of the issue. Vertical smudges about 3/4" apart vertically and every 2 inches or so horizontally only when printing colour. Any ideas how to fix it?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Me too. Exactly the same symptom. Your image shows it perfectly.

It's pretty dang handy to be able to print in color and not wonder if the ink has evaporated. But these smudges ruin any ability to print an image for any sort of presentation.

I have tried all the cleaning steps in the manual.
    I have tried replacing all the toner cartridges.
    I have not tried replacing the photoconductor.

What it looks like to me is that some rollers are dirty. And the dirty rollers are (I'm guessing) preventing the toner from adhering to the paper.

Yes. It only happens with color printing... where the paper has to back-up and go forward four times. It's probably the backing-up part where the rollers come into play.

Again, this is all conjecture on my part. I don't have any solutions. I'll be interested to see if anyone come up with a fix. It's got to be a cheap fix, though. This printer wasn't that expensive to begin with and I'm unlikely to throw money at "maybe" getting it to work properly.

I should cut my losses and just throw it out.. but I hate throwing away things that are so close to being functional/useful.

where did your bought your ink? the print quality of my prints from the cartridges that I bought from China is really close to that but much worse!!! i don't know what to do with the rest of the ink that I bought since I cannot sell them because I will surely have my name with it.. I should have stick to my reputable online shop!!! i may have save a little at first but it is totally a waste of time and money..
    http://www.inkjetsuperstore.com
    Last edited by jhnharvy773; 07-27-2012 at 11:38 PM.

Default Hi

Probably what is the most often problem regarding on color printing, is color printing in Sherman Oaks have an idea regarding on this matter? I hope so! Thanks for welcoming me here. it's my pleasure to be here.

It is a photoconductor / Transfer belt issue.