Thread: Black Ink Cartridge problem. How can I fix it?

Default Black Ink Cartridge problem. How can I fix it?

I bought a few months ago a re-manufactured black ink cartridge ( hp21 ), I used it all up and then refiled it with ink ( I've done this many times, I know how to do it ) , and when I put it back in the printer ( HP F2280 AIO ) and the black cartridge light started blinking and the software for the printer announced me that theirs a problem with the cartridge. I figured that the cartridge might be dry, so I put it in some warm water and ink started poring out so that isn't the problem. The expiration date on the cartridge is 2011/05/12 so it's not expired. If anyone can give me some advice, other than to buy another cartridge I would appreciate it.

you have to buy a new one, b'cause the problem no exist at the head but at the chips

3. Default

How many times have you filled the cartridge? It's usually advised to only fill the cartridge 2-3 times

On a HP 21 cartridge (or for any HP printhead cartridge) If it is giving you an error on the printer (i.e. "check cartridge", "cartridge missing", etc... basically any cartridge related error other then that the cartridge is empty) most likely the electronics on the cartridge have failed. The only option is to replace it, there is no way to fix it.

If it is going through the motions of printing and nothing is coming out on the page or the black is printing very faintly... that can be a clogged printhead, in which case you can try to gently rub the printhead on a damp paper towel to draw out the ink.

Hope this helps...

Thanks, Morgan

5. Default

This is A Chip problem you have to buy a new cartridge

It sound like cartridge's chip has gone. Sometimes this happens even if you take care because of electrostatic charge.
    Last edited by chaloss; 09-18-2011 at 12:55 PM.

It seems that the ink you refilled is not compatible with the printer.

Quote Originally Posted by VladCC View Post
    I bought a few months ago a re-manufactured black ink cartridge ( hp21 ), I used it all up and then refiled it with ink ( I've done this many times, I know how to do it ) , and when I put it back in the inkjet printer ( HP F2280 AIO ) and the black cartridge light started blinking and the software for the printer announced me that theirs a problem with the cartridge. I figured that the cartridge might be dry, so I put it in some warm water and ink started poring out so that isn't the problem. The expiration date on the cartridge is 2011/05/12 so it's not expired. If anyone can give me some advice, other than to buy another cartridge I would appreciate it.
    Hi guys, Where is a cheap dependable source of hp ink cartridges? ive searched for this on other website but im still comparing the prices...

Over many years of working on these things what you describe is probably a printer problem, not a
    cartridge issue. If the contacts on the cartridge and the ribbon cable it mates to are clean then
    the only thing you can do is try another cartridge. Two things are likely if it still fails: a broken
    ribbon cable or a problem on the printed circuit board. The expiration date on the cartridge is
    meaningless in this situation. If you do not wish to invest in another cartridge then try to find
    someone who uses that cartridge and test it in their printer. Clean the contacts with a clean
    soft pencil erasser then wipe them off with alcohol. Chances are you need a new printer.
    Please let us know what you find.

Aol