Thread: Replacing Samsung CLX-3175 fuser / and or roller sleeve

Default Replacing Samsung CLX-3175 fuser / and or roller sleeve

Hello
    Printer in question is a Samsung clx-3175.
    Somehow paper became wrapped around the sleeve roller inside the fuser assembly. The person cut it out with a sharp blade, but damaged the roller itself, which is causing some blurry lines every 2 or 3 inches.
    Since I will have to fix this problem, my solution would be to replace the entire fuser assembly as I am not a printer technician. However, I can not seem to find them for sale anywhere.
    A call was placed to Samsung, but for the price to fix it, a new printer could be purchased.
    Any suggestions?

Hi, I am not a technician myself, so I would advise you to look for a professional that can help you. I tried asking our team in our letterhead printing team in the office, but we use different brand and kinds of printers.
    It's too bad it will cost that much for Samsung to fix the problem of you printer. Have you tried looking for the fuser online? There might be someone who sells these things online.
    Last edited by ptjeff1; 01-21-2012 at 03:00 PM. Reason: TOS external links

You can purchase them lots of places:

Access it from the back panel. There are 4 screws. 2 on each side. Then on the left Slide over the drive rail (place tube piece) to the right to release it. Then it's just a matter of unplugging and plugging in a few wires. You can defiently do it yourself. Make sure to have not tried to print before hand, otherwise I can assure you it will burn the $h!t out of you. The fuser gets very hot to fuse the toner to the page.
    Last edited by cs_steve; 03-05-2012 at 04:54 PM. Reason: TOS external links

Thumbs up Here is the Pat numbers and a source for the parts

Mfr Part #: Samsung JC96-05492B, JC96-04781A
    Last edited by cs_steve; 03-14-2012 at 09:38 AM. Reason: TOS: external links