Thread: HP Laserjet 4M Plus Continuos Feed

Default HP Laserjet 4M Plus Continuos Feed

I recently purchased a Leserjet 4M Plus. I have a project where I need to use continuous feed paper. Is there a way to bypass the 13 Paper Jam error because it is not one sheet of say letter size paper. When reading some of the Multi Purpose tray specifications it seemed like you can run continuous feed paper through this printer. I really need to get this working as my only alternative is a Microplex Solid F24 printer with is about $6,000 new. Any suggestions are welcome or knowing that what I am trying to do is not possible. Thanks!

Let's see...over here we have a $6000 printer that you know will print continuous forms. And on this side of the room we have a 15 year old printer that can be purchased today for about $50. And it also comes with 15 year old technology.

Exactly what in the MFT specs leads you to believe that continuous paper can be used in this printer?

In answer to your question,
    It ain't gonna happen.
    Last edited by redcow; 03-24-2010 at 10:24 AM. Reason: additional thought

Unfortunately, the LaserJet 4MPlus won't allow for continuous feed.
    The printers I have heard can do this (haven't tested it myself) : the old, slow , LaserJet 4L and LaserJet 4P series ...

A used one of these 4L's or 4P's would certainly be a lot cheaper than the $6000 option ; however, a used one will come with its own set of problems. Parts are hard to come by for these machines, they seem to have several issues like sticking solenoids, gear failures, and not many techs are willing / able to work on these.

Sounds like it might be a good job for a Dot Matrix printer. That is what most small businesses use for pin fed paper. With the proper ribbons to lube the pins they work well.

Al