Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 49 4c02 service errors on HP Color Laserjet 5550

Default 49 4c02 service errors on HP Color Laserjet 5550

Hi,

New to this forum and lucky I found this site.. We have just recently getting 49.4c02 service errors on our HP color laserjet 5550. This error happens all the time when there is two or more print jobs on a computer either same computer or two different computers printing at the same time. It usually appears when printing NeoOffice - an open source word processor and as well as printing PDF's

Normally the printer works if there is one job being process but as soon as the first job is being process and another computer sends jobs this error comes up. Turning off and on will remedy the issues but error comes back when someone prints two jobs at the same time or someone prints in NeoOffice.

I have been googling for several weeks now but did not find an exact solution for this. Some HP users say that upgrading the firmware to the latest will solve the issue. Others are saying they have updated firmware but did not solve the issue. Some would suggest replacing the jet direct card or formatter.

I went to check out the latest firmware on hp site and found this firmware datecode 20090715 07.014.0 but would like to confirm if this has solve the 49.4c02 service error on HP CLJ 5550. Our current firmware datecode is 20060403 07.009.0

In the readme file of 20090715 07.014.0 it says

You may see improvements for the problems mentioned below by updating your printer’s firmware with revision 07.014.0

FIRMWARE DATECODE: 20090715 07.014.0

FIXES:
    ¬ You may see a 49.4C02 error when printing some large PS files.
    ¬ Certain PostScript file generated from SAP application may not print properly.
    ¬ Increase the amount of users in the Embedded Web Server’s Color Access Control.
    ¬ The Asset Field found in the products EWS (Embedded Web Server) which is used for assigning Asset numbers to a device has been changed to allow support for more characters.

However I need to confirm if this firmware update can really fix the 49.4c02 errors on HP CLJ 5550.

Is it possible that we could revert back to the current firmware we have in case the updated firmware will not work?

Can the upgrading of firmware deemed the printer unusable if updates are unsuccessful?

Upgrade the firmware.
    The firmware that you are using now is almost 4 years old.
    Just follow the instructions and make sure that no one prints to the printer while you are upgrading.
    And yes the 07.014.0 says it will fix your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by redcow View Post
    Upgrade the firmware.
    The firmware that you are using now is almost 4 years old.
    Just follow the instructions and make sure that no one prints to the printer while you are upgrading.
    And yes the 07.014.0 says it will fix your problem.
    redcow thanks for the reply and for the info on upgrading but are you confirming that the firmware will fix the 49.4c02 service error?

Have you tried applying the firmware on an HP CLJ 5550 as I have browse the hp forums and some of the users are saying the updated firmware did not solve the 49 errors instead they rollback to the old factory firmware which they say happens to stop giving 49 errors..

I need to be able to confirm before i perform the update..

Thanks

just an added info.. the printer works fines as long as there is only one job to be process..

Is this a test???
    I didn't write the firmware code. I only wrote what the firmware description said it was written to do. I could probably find the same amount of forum participants who will say the upgrade fixed their problem.

How do do expect me to confirm what the upgrade will or won't do on your particular printer.

Why don't you go to a carnival, find the lady with the crystal ball and tarot cards and ask her.

Install the firmware, then and only then will you be able to confirm whether it works.

Your trouble may be just the NIC. If embedded on the formatter, yes an update will help. Turn off all virus and firewalls before downloading it from HP site. Connect directly to the printer from one PC and send file.
    If using a JetDirect card, it may be failing, and again, a firmware update will help. Or try another card.

Quote Originally Posted by redcow View Post
    Is this a test???
    I didn't write the firmware code. I only wrote what the firmware description said it was written to do. I could probably find the same amount of forum participants who will say the upgrade fixed their problem.

How do do expect me to confirm what the upgrade will or won't do on your particular printer.

Why don't you go to a carnival, find the lady with the crystal ball and tarot cards and ask her.

Install the firmware, then and only then will you be able to confirm whether it works.
    thanks for your suggestion..

Blog Entries

Did you try a postscript driver? You didn't mention the operating system you are using, or maybe I missed it.
    Site administrator www.printertechs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Did you try a postscript driver? You didn't mention the operating system you are using, or maybe I missed it.
    we are using mac os x 10.5.8. I am sorry as I am not a good printer technician. What's a postcript driver? when adding the printer on an OS X it automatically detects the printer and adds it

the version we are using is HP Color Laserjet 5550 v3010.107

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelTech View Post
    Your trouble may be just the NIC. If embedded on the formatter, yes an update will help. Turn off all virus and firewalls before downloading it from HP site. Connect directly to the printer from one PC and send file.
    If using a JetDirect card, it may be failing, and again, a firmware update will help. Or try another card.
    could be but let me just update the firmware and see if it will fix the problem.