Thread: HP LaserJet 4050 Grinding

Default HP LaserJet 4050 Grinding

Hello All,

Good Morning!

I am experiencing a grinding sound coming from the back of the printer. At first, I thought the noise was an issue due to the Fuser. However, after switching out the fuser I learned that the sound is deriving from a internal gear wheel which aligns with the fuser's gear.

The sound occurs immediately when the printer is turned on (initializing phase).

Any thoughts or ideas on what I could do to prevent the noise?
    Also, I am contemplating on using lubrication.

Thanks,

Last edited by windowstech; 12-15-2009 at 10:18 AM.

What is the page count? It sounds like you have problems in the transmission. If that is the case and you cannot fix it yourself it might be a good idea to locate a replacement printer and use the one you have for parts. Look for one with a low page count. Lubrication is not likely to help at this point.

Al

Try tightening the fuser screw on the left hand side of the fuser ... most of the time grinding noise comes from the fuser not being secured "tight enough" against its drive gear... very rarely does the drive gear on this particular model actually wear out.. if you need the drive gear, let us know, we carry parts at PrinterTechs .

There was a lot of debris from the grinding; this was occurring prior to ordering a maintenance kit. I can visually see the gear which connects to the fuser and it looks like half of the teeth were grind out. It may have been loose but there was no initial indication, it sporadically occurred.

I want to purchase the drive gear assembly. However, is there any supporting literature?

Thank you all!

Give us a call 866-352-7108.