Thread: Problems with NTPRINT.inf x64 server, x86 driver.

Default Problems with NTPRINT.inf x64 server, x86 driver.

OK, so im trying to install a new HP CM2320Fxi to our Server 2008 x64 print server. But am haveing a problem getting the x86 driver to load. I got the driver from HP for both x64 and x86. I had to run the exe and grab the folder off the C drive and move them to the server.

The files are called "HP Color LaserJet CM2320 MFP Series North America/Western Europe PCL6 Network Express Install"

Every printer on this server (75 so far) have both the x64 and x86 driver loaded.

When I try to add the x86 driver it tells me it needs the Windows media (x86) and defaults to d:\i386, its looking for the NTPRINT.inf. Im assumming it needs the x86 INF. Since there is no i386 in 2008, I point to the NTPRINT from a 2008 x86 install.. and get this message:

"the provided inbox printer inf does not contain the required"

the driver install stops, only installing the x64 drive.

usefull information.keep it up

Actually, its not goog information, its still a problem. I cannot get my x64 print server to install the x86 drivers for this printer. it wants a ntprint.ini, but non of them work....

I still need a fix

Had exact same issue before. After migrating to SBS 2008 64bit. Not with HP but with Ricoh copier/scanner/printer. After hour of pulling my hair, called Ricoh. Solution was to put Vista 32Bit CD into CD rom and point driver installation to that.

Hope it helps.