Thread: clicking hp psc 2100 all in one printer, inkjet

Default clicking hp psc 2100 all in one printer, inkjet

I have the above printer and am having trouble getting it to work right after a storm we had yesterday. I unplugged the power before the storm and when I turned it back on the printer started to initialize and then proceeded to make a clicking sound. It will not print and the three lights keep blinking. It tells me it is either busy or starting to print but nothing happens. I've unplugged everything and plugged back in but all is the same. I've rebooted, too. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks.

Picked this off a forum. Lots of psc2100 problems. Some people tried this and it didn't work, others tried it and it worked. What the hey, give it a shot.

PROBLEM:

HP 2110 All-in-One powers up normally and everything looks normal, except it will not print. No changes have been made to any hardware, software, drivers or cable.

re-cycle power to printer and computer and still no printing.

No message in window on printer and computer says printer is connected and everything is working correctly.

It worked yesterday, but now it does not.

SOLUTION:

This is what I did in sequence, but all steps may not be important.

1. Open up cover to look at print cartridges. (yelling is an option)
    2. Close cover.
    3. Place something to scan on scanner (handwritten obscenities is an option).
    4. From the computer print a test page. The test page is in now in then print que, but no printing. No message from computer that there is a problem and no message on printer that there is a problem.
    5. Unplug HP 2110 printer from power, but keep printer connected to computer.
    6. Wait 30 seconds (which was originally designed by help desks so the clients would calm down).
    7. Hold down cancel and LEFT arrow buttons on HP 2110, while plugging the power to HP 2110.
    8. Release the cancel and LEFT arrow buttons.
    9. HP 2110 starts up normal, but still not printing (test page remains in que).
    10. Press "Start copy - black" button.
    11. Press "start scan"
    12. Eureka, test page prints then scanned page prints.
    13. Apologize to printer. Caress printer and clean with dry soft cloth.

Make sure you check your cartridges for being empty.

Default it worked

Thank you, redcow.

This worked for me. Only thing is it didnt print a test page, rather it completed printing something I apparently demanded before the storm and never got. Makes me just as happy since it's humming nicely the way it used, too.

Thanks, again for finding that info. I had a hard time navigating the HP site.

Glad it worked, thanks for posting the results.