Thread: LaserJet 2200d

Default LaserJet 2200d

I have a LaserJet 2200D that makes a loud whining sound when I send a
    print page to it. It errors out then stops. Will not pick up a page or attempt
    to rotate the pick up roller. It almost sounds like a gear or band slipping
    inside the printer. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Default lj 2200

You may have a broken p/u roller shaft. Not the one with the roller, but the black one to the right. If it is a high whine, it may be the scanner.

Default Possible broken pickup roller

I would look at trying to print something from the MP tray, see if it pulls paper from there okay.

Question

I like the broken pick up roller shaft idea. The whining does seem to be coming
    from that area of the printer. What I'm not sure of is how to disassemble this
    printer any further to get to the drive gears. The only thing I found so far on
    this site has been to get to the fuser and replacing it.

Default LaserJet 2200d

You have to do part of it from the bottom of the printer and the other part from the side. To do it you need to remove the formatter board, network card holder, & main gear drive. You should be able to see the shaft attached to a gear. It may also be the gear is damaged. Make sure the white clip that secures the shaft is visible from the bottom when you reassemble it. Be careful when installing the roller. Its keyed to accomodate the shaft's wide/narrow tab. Make sure sensor flag is in correct position. send me a private message with your email address and I'll send you the specific pages involved.