Thread: Canon MP630 Drivers

Default Canon MP630 Drivers

Hi

I have a Canon MP630 printer - it is fantastic!! But I cannot get it to print via my Vista run laptop. It prints and copys fine as a standalone and scans onto my laptop without any problem but when I go to print via my laptop it says "printer not reconised". This has thrown me as the scanner works so why does it not print. Has anyone heard of any driver issues or have any suggestions? I have tried everything I can think of.

Many Thanks

i have the exact same problem (edit: printer bought 8 june 2009). will work (all drivers/apps) on my partner's XP desktop, but not via my Vista lappy. tried install from CD and also various internet downloads - the printer driver simply fails to install.

my next step is trying to work out if i can get the driver to work via a linux install i have in virtual PC 2007... though the first time i ever touched linux was a couple days ago... here's hoping!

http://forums.linux-foundation.org/read.php?25,7550
    Last edited by wiklendt; 06-14-2009 at 08:45 PM.

Default no print mp630

Yeah whats the go with that ****! I can scan etc but vista will not reconise the printer- I'm sure there is an easy fix, I have only just tried this 4 the last hr, make it easy please

I am hearing a lot of complaints about Vista compatibility for different inkjet printers ...

my advice would be to first try downloading the Vista driver directly from HP.com ... then if installing that does not work, try downloading the Windows XP driver instead, just to see if perhaps the XP driver is more stable than the one written specifically for Vista ...

Steve, the problem is hp.com doesn't list the Canon drivers, for Vista or XP.

The title of this thread is Canon MP630 Drivers