Thread: Epson C1100 Spool Problem

Unhappy Epson C1100 Spool Problem

Hello!

I a-have a problem with my printer:

Setup:
    Epson AcuLaser C1100 connected to a network. It is set to act as it's own printer server.
    That is connected to a network that is a NetGear DG850DG
    Win XP Computer also connected to Netgear (obviously).

Netgear is 192.168.0.1
    Printer is 192.168.0.2
    WinXP Computer is 192.168.0.3

Simple.

Problem.
    Turn PC on, turn printer on: I can print fine & dandy to the printer....
    BUT
    If I try and print something else (after an initial print) then the data light flashes, then goes on all the time and then......... *NOTHING*.....
    Get a printer error in the Printer Manager
    .... and then 20 mins or so later....... out pops the bloody print!

Wierd as! Prob;em has been on-going for months now & is driving me knuts. I am not a PC 'newbie', but this has me stumped.

Can anyone help???

Cheers,

Andy

Physically, how is the printer connected to the network?(How does the LAN cable connect to the printer)

Cool

Hello Redcow,

Ethernet cable plugs directly into the printer. Comms is fine. There is proprietary Epson ethernet adapter card (an optional add-on) inside the printer. I can 'browse' to the printer no problem using FireFox with the address 192.168.0.2 and change various settings etc. The other end of this cable goes directly to the Netgear router. Other direct connections to the Netgear router are my main XP PC, the internet and via WiFi sometimes a Laptop.

Andy

Personally, I would start with the ethernet adapter.

Hello again.

q) What makes you say that?

To me the 'physical' connection & transport would appear to be the one thing that is working. This problem seems to me to be some sort of queueing / flushing / spooling / etc. related problem, in other words it's software related & I have some damn driver / port / etc. setting wrong.

Thanks,

Andy

Oh I don't know, Perhaps it was the 20 minute wait for the job to start printing.
    Can you do a "cold reset" on this bad boy?

Hello again, thanks for taking time to help me here.

Sorry, but what do you mean by 'cold reset'. Switching it off & on to kick it's butt does nowt. Clearing the print job / queue and trying to print agian (after turning the printer off & on) does nowt.

By 'nowt' I mean the problem seems to persist. Bit more info there I hope, problem 'seems' to be how the thing is spooling / some sort of 'i've done my printing, now ready for the next job' data not getting fed back.

Also, if I did not know any better, this smacks of a memory error (in the printer)... as if the first job uses up all memory and then there is no room for the next job, so it sits there... but that thinking is just silly....

God knows what it's doing & I can't think how to start trouble shooting this to find which bit of the path from PC to network server / spooler to printer is causing grief.

Thanks again,

Andy

A cold reset resets everything to factory defaults.

Talking

Gotcha.

Good idea, I'll give that a try later on & let you know if it makes a difference.

Many thanks again Red,

Andy