Thread: What is a wireless printer?

Default What is a wireless printer?

Very basic Q, I know, but what is a wireless printer?

I have just moved from a standard desktop to a laptop (Dell Inspiron 1525), with broadband with Sky via a wireless Router (Netgear).

We have a printer (HP 930c) but I have yet to print anything as i dont know what to do!

Other Q's: -

1. To print on the HP 930c do I just download driver onto the Dell & then connect via cable?

2. Is there anyway of printing on the HP without connecting via a cable?

3. With a wireless printer, can I print without connecting via a cable?

My print needs are fairly basic - a few prints every now & then although a printer, scan & copier would be useful - any recommendations?

Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by npa View Post
    Very basic Q, I know, but what is a wireless printer?

I have just moved from a standard desktop to a laptop (Dell Inspiron 1525), with broadband with Sky via a wireless Router (Netgear).

We have a printer (HP 930c) but I have yet to print anything as i dont know what to do!

Other Q's: -

1. To print on the HP 930c do I just download driver onto the Dell & then connect via cable?

2. Is there anyway of printing on the HP without connecting via a cable?

3. With a wireless printer, can I print without connecting via a cable?

My print needs are fairly basic - a few prints every now & then although a printer, scan & copier would be useful - any recommendations?

Many thanks

Hi there in answer to your questions:-

To print on your printer,download then install the driver then connect the printer,then you should be able to print.

A wireless printer is at it says on the tin!..Apart from the mains lead that is..lol....!.....your computer if wireless enabled will allow you to print without connecting via a cable to the printer.All wireless computers that have access to your signal will also be able to print.

Hope that answers your questions.

Pete