Thread: HP 4345mfp

Default HP 4345mfp

Hello,
    I am working on a 4345mfp with an error code 59.4. Has anyone seen this problem before? And, if so, what is the fix. I have re-seated the cartridge motor connection on the board. This machine is brand new. Any suggestions. Thanks.

If it's brand new, It's still under warranty. Call HP and have them replace the motor.

First, make sure you have the correct toner cartridge for this model -- Next try a different toner cartridge...

I have tried 2 other toner cartridges that were taken out of working machines of this model. Also, did component test. The drum motor does not turn when activated. Main motor is working fine. Re-seated fuser just to make sure not to overlook something silly. Any other ideas? Oh, by the way. This machine was bought on ebay. For some reason the customer says it is not covered under warranty. The company that sold them the printer is not, at least up until this point, doing anything to help them. Forgot to mention, I read on another web-site that a bad cartridge motor causes the 59.4 error code so I am leaning in that direction. It makes sense. It's either the motor or the board.
    Last edited by dmick12; 06-06-2008 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention something.

I would replace the motor first ... I'm sure it's a much cheaper part and it looks fairly easy to replace :-) after that, the DC controller

Thanks Steve,
    That's my plan, I'll let you know.

Call HP anyway to check on the warranty. Go back to Ebay and rate the seller accordingly.

You might try taking the drive gear train off to see if the toner door arm is connected to the cam ring correctly. It is what engages the toner drive.

Thumbs up

59.4 = Print-cartridge-motor error

Reconnect the wire-harness on the dc
    controller PCA for the motor that is
    indicated. For the main motor, this is
    connector J98. For the print-cartridge
    motor, this is connector J86.
    Replace the motor.
    (M101) or Print-cartridge motor (M102)
    Replace the dc controller PCA.

ty cobb

Just to follow up, and I appreciate all the responses I received regarding this issue, I replaced the toner cartridge motor and it fixed the problem!