Thread: HP LaserJet 2300dtn wont feed from tray 2

Default HP LaserJet 2300dtn wont feed from tray 2

Hopefully someone can help me out here.

I'm working on a HP2300dtn. Originally just the fuser needed to be replaced. So I did that but I figured I should change the rollers and seperation pads at the same time so that i wouldnt have to deal with it later. the fuser works fine now but its not picking up any paper from tray2.

-It gives me a 13.xx.xx code that says tray 2 is jammed. I open it up but theres no jam. I thought maybe I had the paper senser in wrong so I moved it all the way to the right and then it said tray 2 was empty so I know I had it in the right place originally.

-If i set the printer to print from tray 3 it prints fine. However it makes a weird grinding noise if i take all the paper out of tray 2 and print from tray 3. Theres no unusual noises if tray 2 is full and it will print fine.

You may have knocked loose the sensor in the P/U assy when moving the sensor flag. New Separation pad on the tray?

I reset the sensor the best I could. I did replace the seperation pad and I made sure the spring is placed correctly. If i remove the tray and press the sensor up and try to print a configuration page I can watch the pickup roller roll twice so Im assuming I have the sensor in the right place.

A good example of the old adage 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it'

Paul@justmanuals.com