Thread: I'm looking for a inkjet printer with long-lasting ink

Default I'm looking for a inkjet printer with long-lasting ink

I'm looking for Multifunction printer ranges $100-200 and
    cheap ink and long-lasting since I'm a college student and print out lots of stuff.
    How good are those inks that you can refill with syringe..or pump?

Smile buy a laser instead

You can buy an HP LaserJet for $50. Toner lasts a lot longer than ink. Something like 20,000 pages maybe depending on the printer.

Quote Originally Posted by dmorrison View Post
    You can buy an HP LaserJet for $50. Toner lasts a lot longer than ink. Something like 20,000 pages maybe depending on the printer.
    Can you specify a printer model of such kind. I'm personally fan of Kyocera laser printers.

Inkjet printers are not good for printing a lot of stuff, you should purchase a laser printer.

Quote Originally Posted by parkkibum View Post
    I'm looking for Multifunction printer ranges $100-200 and
    cheap ink and long-lasting since I'm a college student and print out lots of stuff.
    How good are those inkjet cartridges that you can refill with syringe..or pump?
    Top 10 tips to effectively utilize your printer cartridge to last longer

1. Determine your printing purpose

Before you start printing any particular portion of text or graphics, decide its relevance and usefulness so that you do not unnecessarily spend time in printing things that may not be of much use.

In short, you should print only those things that you may actually need and save consumption of considerable amount of refilling printer ink cartridges.

2. Avoid extreme temperatures

High variations in temperature can easily affect printer ink cartridges. Hence, make sure that they are not exposed to extreme heat or cold conditions to ensure a lasting performance.

3. Use color printing as and when needed

If you want your refilled ink to run longer, then make use of color printing only when required. Otherwise, for general and regular use, it is wiser to use black and white printing that helps in saving your money on buying additional refills.

4. Choose the correct printer settings

In case you have documents that are not been used for presentation purpose, then a draft printer setting should serve the purpose for all general documents.

5. Regular use of the printer

It is necessary that you use the printer on a regular basis so that there is lesser chance of the printer ink drying up easily. Just try printing some small portion of text every time so that the printer is in a good working condition.

6. Printing text over graphics

If you are printing documents only for the sake of plain reference, you can print only the essential text and the matter that is required. Avoid printing images or colorful graphics if it does not serve the purpose.

7. Use Print preview more often

Print preview function is a useful feature that can help you in giving a preview of how the document will look like after been printed. It can help you adjust spaces and organizing things together before getting the final output.Thus, you can save refilled ink cartridge in this process.

8. Stopping the printer in working mode

Never stop the printer in between until it has completed the task, as the cartridge could be still moving. This will force the printer head to stop at a particular place where you stopped the process and may cause ink leakage too.

9. Installing a good software

Lot of ink saving software is available online which can be used for reducing the consumption of printer ink. Some of them consume less ink even when used for high resolution printing purposes.

10. Do not shut off the printer every time