Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guide to buying Solid Ink Printer

Default premium compatible DELL ink cartridge available online

Quote Originally Posted by onthefence View Post
    I have recently learned about solid ink technology and am very intrigued. I have been reading some articles but it was difficult because I could not find a lot of current articles.

I am interested in finding out if/how they have solved the problems that that technology faces, such as smells, warm up & cool down time, energy consumption, pages sticking to each other, life of print, etc.

It sounds like Xerox is still holding the entire market, am I correct?

If so, is it safe to assume that there latest models are going to address the above stated problems better than previous models. Has the technology plateaued?

How practical is it for the small office where the large majority of the printing is black only?

Thanks for your replies.
    whatever your printer brand preference is:
    i just found a website that offers premium compatible DELL ink cartridge for your printer, you can check it out at United Digital Solutions.

i forgot to mention this on my earlier post...

since you are interested with SOLID INK TECHNOLOGY, United Digital Solutions has premium compatible printer cartridges/inks... you can contact them for more information or better yet, visit their website. I believe their best-sellers are their line compatible DELL printer ink cartridges

that's all *_*

Alright, redcow, I punched the numbers, but of course you have to believe that the manufacturer's numbers are trustworthy. Well, hopefully they all lie proportionally so that the numbers mean something.

For the Xerox Phaser 8860:
    Cost per color page: 1.543 cents
    Cost per black page: 1.543 cents

For my current black laser printer Brother HL-1440:
    Cost per black page: 1.267 cents (ah-hah)

For my current color inkjet HP Photosmart 8150:
    Cost per color page: 14.059 cents

Going rate for a Professional Color Laser Letter size page at a Print shop:
    50 cents

We'd probably see a savings with the Phaser since we would be doing more color printing since it wasn't so expensive. However, the sticker price on the network duplex version is a whopping $2500. While you can get a new black laser printer for about $100. So, it seems that unless you really do a lot of printing of happen to win one in a contest, the startups costs wouldn't be offset by any cost benefit on ink until about the 1,000,000th page.

Alright, redcow, I punched the numbers, but of course you have to believe that the manufacturer's numbers are trustworthy. Well, hopefully they all lie proportionally so that the numbers mean something.

For the Xerox Phaser 8860:
    Cost per color page: 1.543 cents
    Cost per black page: 1.543 cents

For my current black laser printer Brother HL-1440:
    Cost per black page: 1.267 cents (ah-hah)

For my current color inkjet HP Photosmart 8150:
    Cost per color page: 14.059 cents

Going rate for a Professional Color Laser Letter size page at a Print shop:
    50 cents

We'd probably see a savings with the Phaser since we would be doing more color printing since it wasn't so expensive. However, the sticker price on the network duplex version is a whopping $2500. While you can get a new black laser printer for about $100. So, it seems that unless you really do a lot of printing of happen to win one in a contest, the startups costs wouldn't be offset by any cost benefit on ink until about the 1,000,000th page.

Quote Originally Posted by dhorj View Post
    i forgot to mention this on my earlier post...

since you are interested with SOLID INK TECHNOLOGY, United Digital Solutions has premium compatible printer cartridges/inks... you can contact them for more information or better yet, visit their website. I believe their best-sellers are their line compatible DELL printer cartridges

that's all *_*
    Hi guys, is there any ink cartridge (for Dell printer 720) alternative to the Dell's? I received this free printer when having purchased my Inspiron laptop recently.

Thanks!