Thread: Canon MP960 - unable to network?

Default Canon MP960 - unable to network?

I bought this printer as it has all the functionality that I require.
    Printing to DVDs/CDs, printing colour, Scanning of documents, negatives and slides. However I would like to have it attached to a print server - I have the dlink DI824VUP+ - this router has print server capabilities - (Parallel port and USB port) I am using the parallel port successfuly with a HP printer accross the network. However I am not able to get the Canon working on the USB port. Canon have said that this is because it is a GDI printer. However I have heard that network capability has been achieved.

Anyone out there who has had the success - please let me know & what have you been able to achieve? - printing, scanning etc.

Quote Originally Posted by konmanos View Post
    I bought this printer as it has all the functionality that I require.
    Printing to DVDs/CDs, printing colour, Scanning of documents, negatives and slides. However I would like to have it attached to a print server - I have the dlink DI824VUP+ - this router has print server capabilities - (Parallel port and USB port) I am using the parallel port successfuly with a HP printer accross the network. However I am not able to get the Canon working on the USB port. Canon have said that this is because it is a GDI printer. However I have heard that network capability has been achieved.

Anyone out there who has had the success - please let me know & what have you been able to achieve? - printing, scanning etc.
    Your printer server must have the ability to support GDI printing, which many do not.