Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuser Assy installation on LJ4

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Fuser Assy installation on LJ4

I have a LaserJet 4 that I cannot get the fuser installed. It is binding on the left side and will not go in. (Left side from the back)

It has been about 5 years since I have worked on these and I cannot remember if there is something I am missing.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Set up is a standard LJ4 with a 500 sheet acc. paper tray.

Thank you!

Default LJ4 fuser

I am assuming you have the cover off. You may have a 4+ fuser, that has a small nub on the front left of the fuser. {on right facing you, near the gear}
    It can be used in the LJ4 if you break it off.
    But it cannot be used in a 4+ anymore.

Default 4 Plus

I almost was ready to hammer the fuser into the recepticle a long time ago until I was told about the difference between the two fusers. A 4 plus fuser won't fit in unless you cut the metal frame from the fuser.

If you have the wrong fuser for the printer, I assume it would be a LaserJet 4 and your trying to install a LaserJet 4+ fuser into the LaserJet 4 the two fusers are diffrent physically and eletrically dont force the fuser into the printer if it cant fit, that is one thing you never do, the raitings of the heater is diffrent as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ooojaya View Post
    I almost was ready to hammer the fuser into the recepticle a long time ago until I was told about the difference between the two fusers. A 4 plus fuser won't fit in unless you cut the metal frame from the fuser.
    Dont be a bloody idoit, thats very incompetent words with the hammer but its good that you learned the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelTech View Post
    I am assuming you have the cover off. You may have a 4+ fuser, that has a small nub on the front left of the fuser. {on right facing you, near the gear}
    It can be used in the LJ4 if you break it off.
    But it cannot be used in a 4+ anymore.
    Dont give him those kind of idiotic ideas Michael Tech I thought you knew better than that, that kind of answer I would expect from stupid Paul, I would thought of you to know better than say that kind of advice even if the printer is old its good idea to give it the same respect as any other printer, I recommend to use the right fuser with the right printer look at the part numbers in part surfer and it will tell you that the fusers are diffrent, diffrent physically and eletronically.

I really dont like the frankenstein apporach when it comes to laser printers, Michael your just teaching him the frankenstein way.
    Last edited by woodss; 07-24-2007 at 10:11 PM.

Hey, when you're out in the field on a LJ4 call and logistics put a LJ4+ fuser in the box. You've got an irate customer, guess what...you break off the tab, and you've got a working printer and a happy customer.
    Call closed

It must be nice to live in a perfect world Woodss
    Last edited by redcow; 07-25-2007 at 12:47 AM. Reason: additional thought

we should keep the specs like its in the factory in the ideal way.

Quote Originally Posted by woodss View Post
    If you have the wrong fuser for the printer, I assume it would be a LaserJet 4 and your trying to install a LaserJet 4+ fuser into the LaserJet 4 the two fusers are diffrent physically and eletrically dont force the fuser into the printer if it cant fit, that is one thing you never do, the raitings of the heater is diffrent as well.

Dont be a bloody idoit, thats very incompetent words with the hammer but its good that you learned the right way.

Dont give him those kind of idiotic ideas Michael Tech I thought you knew better than that, that kind of answer I would expect from stupid Paul, I would thought of you to know better than say that kind of advice even if the printer is old its good idea to give it the same respect as any other printer, I recommend to use the right fuser with the right printer look at the part numbers in part surfer and it will tell you that the fusers are diffrent, diffrent physically and eletronically.

I really dont like the frankenstein apporach when it comes to laser printers, Michael your just teaching him the frankenstein way.
    Stuart- Next time you mention my name, I'll post the links to ALL the messages about you being banned from other tech sites for giving BAD advice numerous times. I'll also post the links to your youtube videos so we can all have a laugh. What I've forgotten about printer repair you'll never learn!

Paul

Woodss, now you're comparing a LJ4 to an aircraft.

Until you put down the service manual and the bottle you're drinking out of and get out in the field and see how the repairs are actually done, stick with repairing your aircraft

Quote Originally Posted by Manuals View Post
    Stuart- Next time you mention my name, I'll post the links to ALL the messages about you being banned from other tech sites for giving BAD advice numerous times. I'll also post the links to your you tube videos so we can all have a laugh. What I've forgotten about printer repair you'll never learn!

Paul
    Yeah well Ive barred those you tube videos, I have the power to remove them, you guys don't like being wrong and exposed, Little I wonder what kind of manufactured faults that are put in by dodgy repairers, I know enough to find dodgy repairs created by incompetent techs, those other tech sites are incompetent anyways, just using shortcuts, no amount of negotiation will ever change my mind.

I would never trust you Mr. Manuals, your just a wolf and you think I cant get access to service manuals I have a fair collection from other sources.

Quote Originally Posted by redcow View Post
    Woodss, now you're comparing a LJ4 to an aircraft.

Until you put down the service manual and the bottle you're drinking out of and get out in the field and see how the repairs are actually done, stick with repairing your aircraft
    Now thats very harsh words from you RedCow, oh really repairs by using duct tape, instead of a screw very competent of you huh.
    Last edited by woodss; 07-26-2007 at 04:45 AM.

Cool Hoo-Ha!

Wow! A bit edgy here. Ya'll got a bad groove goin, an I think it's for the best that we all put our griefs away, and think about the people who are getting our help. Comendable advice, all around.