Thread: Laserjet 4 "jackpot"

Default Laserjet 4 "jackpot"

Hope someone can help....I've got a Laserjet 4 connected to the parallel port of my HP Pavilion a1560n running 32 bit XP. When I first hooked it up about a month ago it worked fine. Now, it is stuck in "jackpot mode" where all it will do is spew page after page with about 1 to 5 lines of random ASCII characters. I've checked the port setting (ECP) and performed a reset on the LJ4, but no luck. It will stop when I disconnect the parallel cable. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Delete it, delete and reinstall drivers, and add the printer.

By "performing a reset on the printer", was that a COLD RESET?

That's the sign of a corrupted print job.Removing the job from the print queue on your computer is needed to get rid of your problem.And,yes one way to do that is to uninstall and reinstall your driver.However,its easier to go to "start","control panel",then "printers and faxes".Double click on your printer icon,go upto "printer" and choose delete all jobs.Or highlight your job,go up to document and choose delete job.

Default Thanks

Thanks for all the help. Clearing the queue didn't work, but re-installing the drivers did. The reset was a cold reset (hold On Line while switching the printer On...).

Any ideas on how this happens and if it will again?