Thread: Laserjet 5200

Default Laserjet 5200

I have recently run into a problem with an hp laserjet 5200 that is making a grinding noise and will not pickup paper from tray 2. It is supposedly a gear issue. This printer is still under warranty and we cannot get a replacement gear for it. Has anyone run into this problem?

HP warranties state that they can "repair or replace" at their option.If they can't repair,make them replace it.If you're dealing with a third party company,then call 1-800-HPINVENT and dael directly with HP.

Default hp lj 5200

The problem is that I am the guy trying to fix it. Hp will not release the part unless you are certified on that particular printer. So my company has to wait until I can get someone certified on that printer. I have tried to convince my client that they are better off dealing with the vendor that they bought the printer from to have them replace it . It just looks like this is going to be a major problem with this particular model printer.

Wrong!
    If the printer is under warranty call HP.
    They will do just what Strider told you.

Are you authorized to do Warranty repair? If you're not even certified on the printer I don't think so.

Read Strider's entry again and follow through while the printer is still on warranty.

This is a follow-up on HP's current printer certifications.Late last year,HP changed their certification classifications.Now, techs at warranty authorized service centers get general certifications such as "designjets" or "laserjets".The individual certifications for each printer model or family are no longer relevant to HP.

Hi Hampton01, are you sure you did not break the printer? why is your client insisted and you oblige to try to fix the printer?

Here downunder, we the rude Ozy, would have told the customer if he insists we would have to charge him for fixing the printer. Doesn't matter if his machine is under warranty. He didn't buy it from us and we are not authorised to handle this range of printers, period. What problem?

seriously