Thread: HP2600N - image duplication....

Default HP2600N - image duplication....

We have the HP2600N Color Laser Jet printer and the printer seems to print the same image over and over again. For example:

If you have your logo on the left side of the page at the top (I will use a smiley face) it would look like this.

Name of Company
    (then a faded image of the above will appear below)
    Name of Company
    (then another faded image of the above will appear below)
    Name of Company

and so on and so on and so on.....

The print also has vertical black stripes on the left side of the page.

We cleaned the printer through the menu and also purchased cleaner sheets. The cleaner sheet worked for the first print but now the problem is occuring again.

What is causing this and how can I get it fixed?

Thanks!

ITB unit may be shot. Also the toner the logo color is may be bad.
    Clean all contacts for toners, and ITB.

Default Itb?

I will try to clean and/or replace the toner but what is ITB?

Whe you open the front door. it is the black shiny belt. On this unit it does not just slip out. If you check the toner contacts on the inside left, you will see three contacts per slot. Ensure they are clean, and slightly bowed out.
    The black lines are probably just the B toner.
    In diagnostic menu you can try the disable toner test. Then, switch any other toner with the black. Print a test page to see if it gives you the same errors. Good luck! MichaelTech

Default Itb

Thanks MichaelTech.

The toner contacts are somewhat clean but I am sure it would not hurt to clean them. Can you tell me what I should use to clean them and the ITB? I tried the diagnostic menu to disable the toner test but could not locate that feature in the menu.

If the HP needs a new ITB, what is the going rate? If the price is too high, would you recommend the HP2605dn? It is on sale for $374 @ HP.com.

Thanks!

Check out michaeltech's first reply.
    I have seen the Logos and preprinted letterhead paper with ink that could not stand up to the heat from a fuser.

Do you get the same ghosting from plain paper?

Default Letterhead

The paper we use is actually plain paper. I add the logo to my word.doc then choose to print.

When we clean the printer through the printer menu, it looks like this:

Cleaning Page
    Cleaning Page
    Cleaning Page

All of the other prints seem to have the same problem. Now it is the entire page that seems to be duplicating. Before it was just the left side of the page now everything duplicates.

If the ITB is bad, where can I get prices for a new one?

IG,Do a two or three page print, and open up the unit after the first page.
    Look at the ETB belt to see if the defect shows up there. It could be the fuser that is going bad. PN# RM1-1820-000
    ETB{ITB} PN# RM1-1885-000

Default Printer

Great...now I can't even get it to print anything. Every application shut down and says unable to print. Jeez! Going to have someone take a look at it tomorrow. I will post back and let you know. Thanks!