PDA

View Full Version : is this problem with printer jets or the cartridge

kumaram
03-23-2006, 05:19 PM
I have a HP Deskjet 840c, and have used it sparingly for 4 years. It has delivered decent prints todate.

I had not used this printer for 3 months as I had been away, and attempted to use it again 3 weesk ago. I obtained good b/w prints but absolutely no colour. I went out and purchased a replacement colour cartridge, but still no colour print.

The cartridge supplier exchanged teh cartridge, but again I couldnt get any colour prints.

Its been suggested to me that teh print jets have a tendancy to get blocked up if unused for period. Is thsi likely? If yes what can I do to unblock them?

All help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

kids
04-12-2006, 04:24 AM
U cant leave your Deskjet for over 2 mo. If you dont use it for long time, you should print out 1 page/weak to maintain print head. You cant get more informations at http://www.printerservices.info

I think your print head was clogged. You can try to change color cartridge.

rapid refill
04-17-2006, 11:02 AM
I would buy a new black cartridge also and try that with a new color cartridge and that should solve your problem.

Good Luck!
Brent - RRI International

Strider
05-01-2006, 02:18 PM
The nozzles(and printhead)on these(and most HPs)are part of the ink cartridge.The place that the carriage slides into when you are done printing is the service station.The two most common problems causing these symptoms are bad electrical connections between the ink cartridge and excess ink smearing on the bottom of the cartridges and blocking the nozzles.Try wiping the back(not bottom)of the color cartridgewhere its colored copper.Also wipe the carriage where the cartridge fits in(also the copper colored part.If that doesnt show improvement,then clean the service station.Many times partially dried ink from there will clog the nozzles.In my experience ,if this doesnt help,then then your printer will need parts and service.Good luck.

out-of-focus
05-04-2006, 05:23 PM
it happened to me before. I just cleaned the nozzles, replaced the catridge and off it goes again...

digitally_amazing
05-05-2006, 03:15 PM
Use your printer regularly. If you don't, chances are it will give you loads of trouble or it will rest forever.

Even a print on a piece of paper, done when you have nothing important to print, can save you from future worries.

out-of-focus
05-16-2006, 03:37 PM
Did you buy a new printer? How's your old printer Kumaram?

JJprinter
05-25-2006, 02:17 PM
I am not sure if you still have this problem but if you do try this.

Take a que-tip with warm water/ not to wet and clean all areas of the carriage and the cleaning station if you can get at it. Unplug machine as inks come to center of carriage this might help get at the station.
Check each cartridge on a dry paper towel press down if they fire ink then it's not the cartridges.
Then go into your driver/ right click / properities and go to color management
check to see if it is set to print with color or is it black only?
switch and see you may have to reboot computer to set up.
In there you can do a test page if you get color then it's working.
If you still get black only later / what program are you printing from this could be a problem also. Switch to another program and print from there.

Hope it helps
Good Luck