PDA

View Full Version : 3330MFP beeping while printing

neal_ro
03-20-2006, 04:05 PM
I have a 3330MFP that makes a high pitched beeping sound while print jobs are going. The sound is definitely not mechanical and sounds like it is coming out of a speaker. The noise coincides with the printer engine. As soon as a print job fires up the noise starts and doesn't quit until the print job is complete. It does not do this during fax/scanning/copying until a print job is generated. I had this happen once before on an identical machine and power cycling took care of the problem. The problem just started a couple days ago on this printer and is one continuous beep during the printing process. The beep sounds like the same beep you would get when the machine reports a paper jam, confirms a fax completed, the toner door is opened/closed etc. So far on this printer, I power cycled a few times, turned off alarm volume, checked and reseated all connections on the formatter and pcb in the scanner assembly, checked ground connections, even disconnected the speaker that sits behind the control panel. There is evidently another speaker somewhere else in the machine... any ideas???

neal_ro
03-20-2006, 04:48 PM
OK, this is totally bizare - it was the toner cartridge causing the noise. I swapped toners with another machine and the noise moved with the toner, I swapped it 3 times just to make sure I wasn't crazy. I have no idea how the toner cartridge could cause the printer to generate this tone but it did... It is definitely an electronic tone, not a squeeky toner.

If anyone has experienced this or can come up with any reason how/why this happened please post!

JJprinter
03-21-2006, 11:29 AM
Hi,

We recycle cartridges at our shop
We have experienced this issue when we use a new drum and it has an insert which is making it heavier so it creates a high pitch sound sort of like running your finger on the top of a glass of water half full.
Sometimes it goes away after usage sometimes not.
All you can do is swap the cartridge and use a different brand made drum on the faulty one.

hope this explains the problem for you.