PDA

View Full Version : Hp Psc 2500 Printer Not Visible In Printer List After Driver Installation

tristan888
03-17-2006, 03:53 AM
Hi all,

I have a HP PSC 2500 Photosmart All-In-One Series printer setup on my wireless network at home. I have just successfully installed the drivers only (a minimal install) for the printer on one of my PCs. However, after the installation, there is no icon for it in the "Printers and Faxes" folder in Control Panel, nor an option to send a print job to it in Microsoft Word, even though the printer was detected on the network during setup. Rebooting the PC after installation made no difference.
Interestingly, the "Add/Remove Programs" facility states that the size of the HP PSC 2500 drivers installed on my PC is only 28MB, yet the minimal installation is supposed to be 100MB.
I then attempted a full installation, but still no icon for the printer. (I made sure that I had shut down my virus scanner before the installations).
My PC uses Windows XP Service Pack 2 and receives a good network signal from the wireless router.
Might there be something interrupting or interfering with the driver installation?

The strange thing is, I dont have this problem on any of the other computers on the network (1 other PC and 2 laptops all using Windows XP - I performed a minimal install on these).

Cheers
Tristan

ptjeff1
03-20-2006, 12:49 PM
I'm not sure if this is going to help, but are you logged on as an administrator?

JJprinter
03-21-2006, 11:36 AM
Not sure if this will help.
Did you allow it to be trusted with the master computer as admin.
Sounds like you have security issues different on this one PC check the status and see if it is to high to download.
Also make sure all other printer drivers on this one PC if not needed are completly removed from remove/add hardware.
Also if you have a scanner loaded in this PC it could be interfering with the IRQ needed for this printer, try loading printer first then scanner.