PDA

View Full Version : LJ 8150DN duplex printing problems

lwan
03-08-2006, 06:14 PM
We have 2 LaserJet 8150DN printers in house. I have just applied the maintenance kits to them, and now the problem started.

Since the kit installtion, when printing in duplex mode, the first face of each page has a grayish bar about the middle of the page (see attached pic). It appears always in the same place.

This only happens when printing double sided, when printing single sided, everything is ok.

Both printers have the same symptom.

Help?

Thank you,

Lucas

Manuals
03-09-2006, 04:22 PM
I would take out one of the new fusers and put one of the old ones back in. See if the problem remains. It could also be a roller problem. Do a half page test and see if the marks are on the pages.

paul@justmanuals.com

lwan
03-09-2006, 05:16 PM
I did the half page test.

The smudge shows up after the 2nd go-through the toner/roller part. It's not there after the page comes out of the fuser and sits in the duplexer.

Note, the smudge is perpendicular to the paper path (not sure if I made that clear).

ptjeff1
03-12-2006, 04:09 PM
I've seen this problem before. Did the maintenance kit you bought contain an aftermarket transfer roller? Most people can't tell the difference but in any event there are a lot of aftermarket transfer rollers for the Laserjet 8100/8150 that give this defect when duplexing. I know this because we have tested 8100/8150 transfer rollers from different aftermarket sources that display this exact problem. Unfortunately most vendors don't thoroughly test the aftermark parts they sell if the even test them at all. Put your old transfer roller back in or buy an HP transfer roller and your problem should go away. I know it might sound strange that the transfer roller is causing this but I've seen it several times with my own eyes.