PDA

View Full Version : HP 4050N drawer pulling issue

cmyers1970
02-14-2006, 02:08 PM
I have an issue with the drawer pulls on a 4050n printer. When i submit the job, I see that the jobs go to the specific trays, ( tray 1) manual feed and tray 2 (drawer) I look at the printer and hold it in order to see the jobs. However no matter what, as long as there is paper in the manual feed tray, it will pull from there always, even if the print job is sitting in tray 2 of the printer. All the aspects are changed in ach set up to reflect the correct tray for each, but it auto defaults to tray 1, is there some trick i dont see ?

Strider
02-14-2006, 02:42 PM
Go into the menus,choose the paper menu,then go to tray 1 mode and change the setting to cassette.that brings up a new menu setting for tray 1 size and type.I think that you have to choose a size to use the tray 1 in this manner.So, your choice is to go to tray 1 first,or to change sizes in tray one when you change paper.Hope this info helps.

cmyers1970
02-14-2006, 03:38 PM
I tried that and now everything goes to tray 2.

Strider
02-15-2006, 08:15 AM
Try setting both tray 1 and tray 2 to letter size and plain paper type.Then send a job to cassette 1(not manual feed).I think you will find that your printer will feed that job from tray 1.Good luck.