PDA

View Full Version : Error Message Appearing

Ava
02-12-2006, 08:38 AM
Hello,
Forgive my ignorance but I am not an expert with computers or printers so any suggestions in laymen terms would be appreciated. I have an HP PSC 2355 all-in-one printer which has been working fine up until 2 days ago. My daughter tried printing driving directions from a particular website when an error message appeared on the printer that said "Tri-color print cartridge inserted now is not intended for use in this printer". This is the same color print cartridge that I have had since I purchased the printer in September 05. I have printed colored pages before without a problem. It will not let me print anything if I keep the color cartridge inserted because the message "incorrect print cartridge " keeps appearing but once I remove it there isn't a problem with printing b/w pages. Has anyone ever heard of this and why all of a sudden would this message appear? I have tried unplugging the computer and printer and cancelling the print jobs but the message still pops up once I turn the computer and printer back on. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.