PDA

View Full Version : I think I messed up both printers

Faye
02-09-2006, 11:52 PM
I'm new here...first time. I have two printers: HP Deskjet 5650 and Lexmark
X3350. In an attempt to be thrifty, I began filling my own catridges. The color cartridges work fine, but can't get anything to print in black. It just runs blank for the black printing.

I kept messing with them: clean print cartridge, alignment, color calibration, etc., etc. Finally the HP locked up completely. The error msg. says it's a "mechnism problem" and cartridge cradle won't move. I can't even get the cartrigdes out...when it's turned ON or OFF.

Anyone have any clue as to how I can get this printer to unlock? If I begin taking it apart...will it have parts that will pop-off? Do I start at the bottom of printer or should I start with the three hex-head screws directly in front of the cartridges?

Thanks in advance.

Faye
02-12-2006, 08:00 PM
I haven't recieved any replies yet, but I did manage to get my Lexmark back to printing. I had to buy a new #32 black cartridge @ $18.98...guess I won't be able to "refill" them after all. That is entirely too much for a black cartridge, don't you think?

I still wish some of you guys could help me with the HP Deskjet that is totally locked up. This printer is just over a year old...no longer under warranty. I suppose I can call HP Cust Tec, but they want to charge me $30 or $40 for a service call.

Thanks