PDA

View Full Version : Crazy HP Deskjet 9650 printer

GatoMontes
02-08-2006, 11:52 AM
I have an HP Deskjet 9650 printer less than a year old, but out of warranty. It suddenly went crazy. All its lights blink, it will shoot out one blank page then shut its own power off. If I turn its power back on it does the whole thing again. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers several times, but no luck. I doubt that it has to do with the computer at all since the printer does this whether the computer is on or not, and whether it is even hooked up to the computer at all. Any ideas? Is the printer just dead? It would cost around $300 to replace. Thanks.

Strider
02-09-2006, 03:14 PM
Here in the States,these came with a one or two year warranty from HP.If you have a receipt then an authorized shop can "force" a warranty claim.If you don't then they can check the "born on"date and possibly get you a free repair.As far as your symptoms go,I'm afraid that it just means that you have a fatal error(probably hardware related).Since HP no longer sells many parts for these even to their authorized warranty shops,I'm afraid that repairing it might be difficult.Good luck anyway.