PDA

View Full Version : HP Laserjet 42xx and 43xx

Mr_munetsi
01-29-2006, 06:15 PM
Hi all,

Just a quick question, I have noticed that the models I have mentioned above seem to produce a somewhat extra-ordinary noise from the fuser area whenever you print. Is this a normal thing to be happening or there is a fault somewhere. I have had a few customers complain that the noise is quite loud. I am just trying to look for a solution here. I thought I would just go and apply some grease to the gears but I’m not sure whether this will help minimize the noise.

Please advise,

Brian
01-30-2006, 01:47 AM
The fusers in these printers have a latch that breaks easily, the fuser doesn't seat properly and can damage the gears in the printer or it can give a fuser error.

Old Printer Tech
01-31-2006, 08:22 AM
Mr. Munets,

The problem you have is called a swing plate ***'y. RM1-0043-060. I have had two of them already. Not fun to replace. I had to almost tear machine all down. there are 3 screws that hold the ***'y to the right interior wall. I'm sure Printer Techs have the parts for you. I just looked in the service manual and no disassembly instructions,,...

Thanks

Old Printer Tech

Manuals
01-31-2006, 12:37 PM
This 'may' help you.

http://www.manuals4you.com/free.htm

Manuals
02-01-2006, 07:16 AM
Mr. Munets,

The problem you have is called a swing plate ***'y. RM1-0043-060. I have had two of them already. Not fun to replace. I had to almost tear machine all down. there are 3 screws that hold the ***'y to the right interior wall. I'm sure Printer Techs have the parts for you. I just looked in the service manual and no disassembly instructions,,...

Thanks

Old Printer Tech

But a good tech with the service manual should be able to make this repair no problem.