PDA

View Full Version : 4000 / 4000 Duplex Jam.

woodss
01-14-2006, 01:41 AM
Hi Everyone, Hope you had a great break, I have a issue with a duplexer that everyone could be happy to help me with, its a 4000 / 4050 Duplexer that has a issue of that first copy duplexers ok, then do the second copy the duplexer jams, sometimes it does not duplex at all.

Description of Problem:

I have checked the gears of the duplexer, by gently taking off the side panels and I couldn't see any wear, I have ran the duplexer without the side panel of the right and it seems to be working correctly, but when the jam occurs it stops and the paper has not reached the sensor of the duplex to send rest of the printer to go back to the normal paper path, it does duplex when it feels like, therefore that eliminates the printer being the problem, the paper makes out of the duplexer at times but when you do another page or copy of the document it jams.

I would like to solve the problem, but I can hear a rattle inside the duplexer though, along the left hand side, and the rattle sounds like that gears aren't meshing and when its turning for long enough it meshes as turns, while just closing and opening the top cover, another problem is that the left hand gear that meshes at different modes the arm that has a white gear inside that is driven by the left motor, and a brown gear at the end isn't moving as freely as it should, if the brown gear isn't meshed with a gear it makes a rattle noise, this does cause the jamming.

When you knock the side of the problem area, a few times it rattle but it meshes with the gears that drives the duplexer, somehow there is a bit of resitance within the arm that the large white gear that drives from the motor.

woodss
01-22-2006, 06:32 AM
Fixed problem by using a pair of pilers to pinch the spring on the clutch of the main gear from the motor on the duplex connector side.

and it works well again by applying more tension on the main gear clutch that drives the middle gear that drives either gear train when required so that what caused the jam.