PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Lexmark Z23

crowspirit
12-26-2005, 06:16 PM
I need help really bad. I have a Lexmark Z23 and I have used it before. I had my computer reformatted and the person that did it ..did not put my Lexmark software back in it. Well now I have lost my lexmark cd and I went to Driver-soft32 web site..they have drivers for the printers that you can download . Well..I downloaded the driver and my printer is on a lpt3 port..(.my computer device manager says.) Well..the printer was on a different port after I downloaded the driver. Now get this.. I changed my ink and tried to do a test page ..it puts out the paper but it will not put any ink on the paper. I have done the cleaning thing and still nothing.
Ok ready for this? Now I still have the port on lpt 3 but it is telling me that the resources for that port are not being used because of a code 29??? What the heck is that? Someone please help...
signed AAAHHHH!!!!!!!:mad: :(

MichaelTech
12-29-2005, 10:12 AM
Howdy, and it's not so bad. You should have the printer on LPT1. Do so in the printer properties under .....Yep! PORTS! These little units are good for about a year or so, and repair is more costly than getting another printer. The ink is the thing now, with starter cartridges only 1\10th full.
How long since you last used it? The ink, as well as the printhead could be dried. Use a little isohol on a soft paper towel to wipe the inks on. Check the ribbon cable in the carrier {Holds the inks} if dirty, wipe clean.