PDA

View Full Version : Laserjet 8150 Parts Discrepency

Greymage
09-04-2004, 10:22 PM
Hello.

I have a Laserjet 8150 printer we were about to dispose of. It turns out the only problem is that when it is turns on it displays the old 50.x fuser error. The fuser has been swapped with another known good fuser. My thought is that the Engine Controller Board is shot and needs to be replaced.

I don't have a service manual for this printer so I don't know the official part number for this component. Different parts places carry items that I believe may be the Engine Controller Board. :confused:

My questions are as follows:
1. Am I accurate that the Engine Controller Board is the most likely culprit?
2. Is the Engine Controller Board also referred to as the DC Controller Board or the DC Controller PCB Assembly or is there some other name I am missing altogether? :confused:

Much Thanks in Advance,
Greymage

ptjeff1
09-06-2004, 11:51 AM
The next step is to swap/replace the low voltage power supply. This is very common in the laserjet 8150, we see it all the time.

It's unlikely to be the engine control board. Let us know if you have questions about it.

Greymage
09-27-2004, 09:18 PM
Thank-you for the advice. I replaced the low voltage power supply. This seems to have corrected the issue. The printer is running smoothly now!

jhuddleston
09-27-2005, 09:48 AM
I saw your thread and am having the same problem. Swapped the fuser and no fix. Next was the controller board but you said the low voltage power supply fixed the problem. Where did you get such a part and how expensive was it to purchase? Last but not least, how hard was it to replace?