PDA

View Full Version : Vertical White Gap

iconpro77
11-09-2005, 03:13 PM
I have a Lasejet 8100 that is getting a vertical white gap on a random page (once every 10 pages or so...). The gap is in the same place each time it appears. The print actually stops at this gap and picks up where it left off when it continues. The gap is usually about an inch wide. It is as though something is forcing the sheet ahead an inch during the print cycle.

The printer does not have a tray 4 assy' installed, so it cannot be the bad clutch issue. Thus far, I have replaced the registration assy', and the toner cartridge.

Anyone who has seen this before, I would appreciate some advice.

Thanks.

Manuals
11-09-2005, 11:18 PM
Try cleaning the mirror in front of the laser scanner

iconpro77
11-11-2005, 03:18 PM
No Dice. Anyone else?

ktech
11-23-2005, 09:31 AM
try relacing the fuser *** part of the heater roll may not be heating casing the defect

JJprinter
12-06-2005, 12:51 PM
Have you checked all the drive gears??
Sounds like something could be missing or worn so much it's slipping at one point in the assy.
Look for missing teeth or warping in all gears.

Ubermike
12-14-2005, 05:37 PM
Does this happen from all 3 trays or specific to one tray only? Have you tried printing 11x17 media for a few pages to see if there is any repeat? If you haven't yet you definately need to find out if its tray specific or general on all trays, as it could eliminate the PIU and everything up to the registration aseembly.

Print an event log & see if there are any errors related to the scanner or any other devices near the page count where the gaps happen.

Also try continuous config pages or engine test pages to see if the gap happens on internal prints too.

I suppose a half self test won't be useful since its not happening on ever page but if you can print a large number and see if there is some consistency in when it happens you may be able to try this test. It is a defect in the image formation process though since its vertical, a fuser would not cause a blank white gap that allows the text to resume uninterrupted on the other side of the gap. I would definately check an event log for scanner/PIU errors and go from there.