PDA

View Full Version : Stuarts 23rd Birthday - And question about 5L and 6L printers.

woodss
11-01-2005, 04:03 PM
I would like to tell the fellow printertechs forum members that I am turning 23 on 11-11-2005.

Also this year marks my 5th year of repair of printers.

I have a question however, how do I access the seporation pad of the 5L and 6L printers, as I have one that has a fault with picking up more than one page.

Any suggestions, I dont really want to completely take the input assembly apart either just to replace the pad.

Stuart.

Brian
11-02-2005, 03:10 AM
Hi Stuart,
I'm afraid to have to tell you that you have to take the 5L and 6L apart pretty far to get at the separation pads, you have to take off the cover and even take off the plate that holds the Laser unit, then you have to take out the sheet guide plate, you'll even have to release the gear that drives the paper pick up shaft.
It looks pretty daunting before you begin but if you've done it a few times (like me) you'll be able to get the job done in 15-20 minutes.
Have a nice time on the 11th, my umpteenth birthday is on the 19th. :o
Brian

woodss
11-02-2005, 10:44 PM
I did everything you said minus the taking off the scanner plate, and I did it for less than 20 minutes, it wasnt daunting it looked simple enough for me to do it, I read the service manual before hand for some clues.

Other than that, I have a fully functional HP LaserJet 6L that works well again, I think after me doing it a few times will help me do it faster, its always the first time that is the hardest.

I used the kit, which I found from a hp spare parts site.

And thank you for wishing me happy birthday.

All I had to do is unplug and unroute the cables, take out the paper input unit, and take out the required parts to get to the seporation pad, but when I just had the paper input assembly it was like child's play.