PDA

View Full Version : LaserJet 8150N - "Processing Job" - Never prints...

gowestover
10-24-2005, 08:54 AM
Hello,

Although I've searched through your forums for some time now, this is my first post!

I have a networked LaserJet 8150N that is not printing any jobs. On the Control Panel, it displays a "Processing Job" message, but never prints. The users print to this printer via IP printing, so there is no print queue involved.
We've already tried power cycling the printer with no results. If we disconnect the printer from the network and power cycle it, we can print a test page after it has powered back on.

Any ideas as to what this is? Is this a formatter board problem? I haven't found anything in the searches I've done so far....

ptjeff1
10-24-2005, 09:26 AM
Try to ping the JetDirect card or see if you can get to it via a web browser. Print a config page and see if the card is recognized and check its status. Try printing with a parallel cable and print simple text files. You could have corrupt data being sent to the printer, it could be a bad JetDirect card, or bad formatter.

BCoggins
10-24-2005, 03:52 PM
Download and install webjetadmin. This will allow you to see how the rinter is "seen" on the network. Then as above attempt to ping the printer. Try installing the jetdirect card into another slot in the formatter board. If you have another jetdirect card try that. Print a config page and ensure settings are correct. Try a cold rest and reestablish TCP/IP address.