PDA

View Full Version : HP LaserJet 4200: Printing out of alignment

itx
10-22-2005, 07:23 PM
The print output is all shifted to the the left.
(But the HP test page looks fine).

Thank you for any advice.

Brian
10-26-2005, 01:51 AM
Does it do that in all applications?
Might be the margins setting in the driver.

itx
10-27-2005, 07:31 PM
Thanks for your hint.
Yes it does in all applications. I right-clicked, selected Properties of the printer on the server, but couldn't find any margin settings.
Have you more ideas where to look?
By the way, the correct model of the printer is HP LaserJet 4200tn.

ptjeff1
10-29-2005, 07:39 AM
You might try both pcl and postscript drivers downloaded from hp.com. If you are using windows, I've found some of the built-in Microsoft drivers to be flaky at times.

woodss
10-30-2005, 02:11 PM
I think it might be the paper sizes being set wrong.

If your from USA correct setting should be: Letter
If your from other places such as Australia, UK etc should be set at A4 size

Usually windows installations are defaulted by letter size and its a pain in the neck for people outside of the usa if the computer settings are set at letter size instead of A4.

All windows installs I do I always make sure the regional settings are set for the correct country, for example I am from Australia so I set the computer for Australia.

What paper size are you using, if your using letter setting for a A4 paper size it will do of what your experiencing on your printer, usually the control panel should ask you to load letter if the setting is set at letter size paper when you have A4 in the tray, usually if you press the Go button it will force the printer to print.

A4 and letter size is tottally diffrent sizes, A4 is longer in height, and letter is longer in width, and thats why your having your problem because it sounds like to me that your trying to use A4 size paper with a letter size setting on your computer and that doesnt work that well.

Stuart.

Brian
10-31-2005, 05:49 AM
If the paper size is incorrect you would get an error message and not only a shifted image.

itx
11-03-2005, 05:12 PM
Thanks for your advices.
I've updated to the newest PCL6 driver from HP, but no improvement :(

ptjeff1
11-06-2005, 01:37 PM
Does it print off-center from all three trays? (manual feed, and two lower trays)

itx
11-09-2005, 07:18 PM
I tried manual feed (letter, legal), tray 2 (letter), tray 3 (legal).
Strangely, the shifting occured only by letter.